Neteller — The Basics
So what’s Neteller? Neteller is an e-wallet, just like many other options used by online gamblers, but at the same time, it’s different from most of them. One of the best things about Neteller is that you can have one wallet for all your online transactions, as casinos are not the only ones to accept Neteller as a payment method.
If you are in search of a comfortable and secure way to deposit money to online casinos and withdraw your winnings from them, this guide is what you need. Later on this page, I’ll teach you how to use Neteller for payments, explain how it differs from other payment systems, and give you the list of the best Neteller casinos to make real money bets.
How Neteller Works
The main task of Neteller is to work as an intermediary between a player and an online casino, or a buyer and an online store, in another case. You can top up your Neteller account using any convenient option and then use it to make online gambling deposits and withdrawals, without giving the access to your banking information to a casino and the third parties. Thus, you make the whole process much more secure. Besides, you just save yourself a lot of time as there is no need to enter your card information for every casino deposit — a Neteller deposit can be done with a couple of clicks.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Neteller
Neteller is widely used for online gambling transactions both in New Zealand and in the rest of the world, and its popularity doesn’t seem to shrink with time. But, of course, the system is not perfect and there are some disadvantages that I want you to be aware of. So, let’s take the time to talk about the pros and cons of using Neteller for casino deposits and withdrawals.
Advantages of Neteller for casino transactions:
- Anonymity. If you’d like to keep your online gambling hobby from your bank (for the sake of the good credit score or whatever), Netteler can be really helpful as no one but you will know what you are using your e-wallet for.
- Safety. Neteller is one of the safest payment systems on the market for several reasons. First of all, the 128-bit SSL encryption is used to protect your personal and financial information. Next, you are not sharing any of your data directly with the casino so you can feel safer (but don’t forget to check the reputation of your casino anyway). And, finally, you can activate the two-step authentication which will make it impossible to approve the transaction without entering the security code on your smartphone.
- Convenience. Neteller is very easy to use and you won’t have to spend an hour to understand how to create an account or make a payment.
- Deposits and withdrawals available. Now there is no need to have two separate banking methods for your casino deposits and withdrawals as you can use Neteller both ways. Besides, Neteller is pretty quick when processing withdrawals, so there is a high chance of getting your money in less than 24 hours.
- No maximum limit. This point will be useful for you if you are a high-roller who struggles with maximum deposit limits in other payment systems. With Neteller, you can forget about the restrictions and deposit as much money to a casino as you want.
- Neteller bonuses. Some online casinos offer special bonuses for using Neteller as a primary payment method. It’s a rare occasion, though it might happen, so keep your eyes open.
Disadvantages of Neteller for casino transactions:
- It’s not free. There are fees for using Neteller, and even though they are not that high, some players might not like it. You’ll be required to pay 1.45% of the amount for withdrawing money from a Neteller account, and 2.5% of the amount for topping up your account. You can learn more about Neteller fees here.
- User verification takes longer. You might have to wait for a little more to be verified by a casino than you’d do with other payment options.
- Transaction restrictions. Not all kinds of transactions can be made with Neteller, it all depends on where and from where you want to send your money. For instance, sending funds directly from PayPal to Neteller and vice versa is impossible.
- No welcome bonus. While some casinos offer special bonuses for Neteller users, some don’t allow to claim their welcome bonuses if Neteller was used for the first deposit. Make sure you carefully read the bonus T&C before making a payment to avoid unpleasant surprises.
How to Make Casino Payments Using Neteller
Even though making payments with Neteller is easy, I still prepared a quick step-by-step instruction so that you can save your time and spend it on your favourite games instead.
How to make Neteller deposits:
- So, the first thing to do is to create the Neteller account. It’s free and can be easily done on the official website.
- In a few seconds, you’ll get the confirmation link in your email that you’ll need to click.
- Now, top up your Neteller account using any convenient payment options out of the available ones.
- Open the casino website, go to the Cashier/Deposit page and choose Neteller as your depositing method.
- Fill in the amount you’d like to deposit and confirm the transaction.
- In a few seconds, you’ll get the money transferred to your casino account and will be ready to start making bets!
How to use Neteller for withdrawals:
If your gambling session went good and you got some cash that you’d like to withdraw, here is how to do it with Neteller in two easy steps:
- Pick Neteller as your preferred withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and confirm the transaction. If two-step authentication is on, you’ll also need to enter a security code on your smartphone.
- That’s it! Now, wait for the withdrawal to be approved and for the money to be transferred to your Neteller account. In most cases, it doesn’t take more than 24 hours.
As for the funds that are now kept in your Neteller account, you can either use them for your next casino deposits or transfer to your card/bank account/other e-wallets of your choice.
How to Choose Neteller Casino (GUIDE)
The short way is to simply pick one of the Neteller casinos from my list where every website has already been checked and proved to meet the highest quality standards.
5 steps to the best Neteller casino:
Now it’s time to get yourself all prepared for the game and find a perfect online casino that would accept Neteller deposits. There are two ways to do it: the long one and the short one. The long one is to look for a casino yourself, following these five steps:
1. Check the casino’s reliability
Regardless of your gambling priorities, the casino security should always be the first thing to pay attention to, especially when you are betting from New Zealand, where you are not protected by the local government in any way. The casino should possess a valid license issued by a reputable licensing institution such as MGA or UKGC and the player’s data should be protected by 128-bit SSL encryption to avoid any leaks or frauds.
This is exactly what you’ll find in Casoola casino where fairness is proved by the MGA and UKGC licenses, and your personal and financial information is strongly protected by state-of-the-art technologies. Add a safe Neteller deposit and you become totally invincible.
2. Pay attention to the bonus terms
Online casinos are always luring new players with juicy bonuses, although not all those bonuses are worth claiming, and not all those bonuses are available for players making their first deposits with Neteller. That’s why your second step is to open the Promotions page and carefully read the bonus terms to make sure everything suits you in there. Make certain the terms are clearly stated and you can understand every word. Otherwise, better keep looking for another casino.
In Abo casino, you can get a 100% match + 150 FS with 40x wagering requirements, which is a very good offer for a new player, so don’t wait and claim it while it lasts.
3. Test the mobile compatibility
While I prefer a PC for my everyday betting sessions, I often use my smartphone to make a couple of bets on the go. Mobile gambling is no less lucrative than the full-scale one, and it’s much more portable which makes it possible to play wherever you are, whether it’s a gas station or a cafe. That’s why mobile compatibility is an important aspect for me and I recommend you test it too if you’d like to make bets on your phone. To do it, just open a casino website in your mobile browser and make sure all the features are available and everything works properly and smoothly.
I’ve tested Neptune Play both on my Apple smartphone and Android tablet, and haven’t noticed any difference in gambling experience when compared with using the same casino on my PC — all the features worked well, and I got some nice wins while betting on the go.
4. Scroll through the game list
No matter how much experience in online gambling you have, sooner or later you’ll feel the urge to try more and more new games. And it’s much more convenient when you have all of them collected in one place instead of switching between the websites to play this or that pokie. So at this point, I want you to scroll down the game list in the casino of your choice and make certain that it’s long enough. Also, pay attention to the average RTP of games. Even though it differs from one product to another, it’s better if it’s not lower than 94%.
Kakadu is a perfect example of an online casino when it comes to the choice of games, as it offers almost hundreds of different products created by worldwide-known developers such as Microgaming, NetNet, PlayNGo, and so on.
5. Contact the customer support
The last point to check in the casino is its customer support. While some players believe that the customer support quality is not important as they don’t need it, I prefer having someone to get my back if an issue occurs. That’s why asking the customer support a couple of questions is an inevitable part of my casino-selection routine. In a good casino, customer support is available 24/7, preferably via live chat or at least email, and you get your questions answered fast and in the friendliest way possible.
Even though I didn’t have any issues with Arlekin, I still tested its customer support and was pleasantly surprised by the speed of response.
Neteller and Skrill — The Difference
Top Neteller Casinos for New Zealanders - newcasinos-nz.com
|4||Playluck Casino||19.Apr.2020||Up to €800 + 100 extra spins||UKGC, MGA|
|0||Bitdreams Casino||01.Mar.2022||UP TO NZ$3200 + 200 FREE SPINS||Curaçao|
|4.8||Spinnalot||09.Dec.2021||1st Deposit - 100% Bonus + 100 Free Spins on Starburst||MGA|
|4.7||Abocasino||26.Feb.2021||Welcome package up to 10000 NZ$ or 3 BTC + 300 FS||Curaçao|
|4.7||Arlekin Casino||05.Jun.2021||Welcome bonus up to 7500 NZD + 150 FREE SPINS!||Curaçao|
|4.4||Kakadu Casino||07.May.2021||Welcome package 1025 NZD + 150 FS||MGA|
If I had to name the two most popular e-wallets used by gamblers for their online bets, it would definitely be Neteller and Skrill. These payment systems are quite similar in terms of interface, safety, and popularity, and, moreover, they are owned by the same company. But as I’ve been using both Skrill and Neteller for quite a long time now, I noticed several differences that some of you might find important when making a choice.
So, the first difference is that Skrill accepts more currencies, but Neteller is used in more countries, so if wider geography is your priority — Neteller might be the right choice. Besides, the users of Neteller have more ways to top up their accounts when compared with Skrill. The question is whether you are ready to pay for these benefits as Neteller fees are generally slightly higher and using it for your gambling deposits and withdrawals will cost you a little bit more.
The History of Neteller
Neteller is one of the world’s first e-wallets — the company was founded in Canada back in 1999. Things went pretty well and in 2004, Neteller went public and earned more than $70 million in the IPO. In the same year, the headquarters of the company was moved to the Isle of Man where it is still located.
Despite the company’s attempts to diversify its products, the lion’s share of its revenue was coming from gambling transactions, and the situation hasn’t really changed since then. By this day, Neteller keeps its place as one of the most frequently-used ways to transfer money from personal accounts to online casinos.
In 2015, Skrill became a part of Neteller and the corporation was renamed into Paysafe Group. It also owns Paysafecard which you probably heard of if you are an online gambler, Fans Entertainment, IncomeAccess, Payolution, and other products.
What Makes Neteller So Safe
Neteller is extremely popular among users, and the reason for such popularity is how the company prioritizes safety and security. And these are not just empty words — Neteller has been authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority which is a very good sign for any company dealing with money, as it proves that everything that’s going on there is fair and honest.
Every transaction you make with Neteller will be protected by 128-bit SSL encryption. If you turn two-step authentication on top of it, it would be completely impossible to hack your account or steal your money.
Last but not least, the very idea of Neteller makes your gambling process much safer as there is no need to share your financial details with a casino anymore. Neteller works as a mediator, keeping you safe from frauds and making the whole gambling experience more comfortable.
It’s not that easy to choose an ideal payment method for online gambling deposits and withdrawals, as it should combine a variety of different aspects. It should be secure, easy to use, provide fast transactions, and should be available in New Zealand. Even though Neteller is not a 100% perfect payment system, it matches all these points, and I can strongly recommend it for online bets.
Due to the high popularity of Neteller, it won’t be a big problem to find a casino that accepts it for deposits. But if you want that casino to be safe and lucrative, I recommend choosing one from my list of Neteller online casinos as all the websites there are licensed and offer a variety of games, bonuses, and special offers to the players.