- Launched 01.Dec.2019
- Software 1x2Gaming, Amatic Industries, August, Authentic, Belatra, Betixon, Betsoft, BF, BGAMING, Big Time, Blueprint, Booongo, Chance Interactive, Elk, Endorphina, Evolution, EvoPlay, Ezugi, Felix, Habanero, Igrosoft, Iron Dog, Lightning Box, LuckyStreak, Microgaming, NetEnt, Novoline, Play'n GO, Playson, Pragmatic Play, Quickspin, Red Tiger, Spinomenal, Thunderkick, Tom Horn, Wazdan, XPro
- Licenсe Curaçao
- Launched 2019
- Software 1x2Gaming, Bally Wulff, BF, Big Time, Booongo, Casino Technology, Elk, Endorphina, Evolution, GameArt, Gamomat, Iron Dog, Leap, Lightning Box, Merkur, NetEnt, Nolimit City, PariPlay, Play'n GO, Playson, Pragmatic Play, Push, Quickspin, Red Rake, Red Tiger, SA, Spinomenal, Tom Horn, Wazdan, Yggdrasil
- Licenсe Curaçao
- Launched 2008
- Licenсes Curaçao, France
- Launched 2016
- Software Betsoft, Booming, Booongo, LuckyStreak, Microgaming, NetEnt, Play'n GO, Playson, Pragmatic Play, Rival, Spinomenal, Tom Horn, VIVO, Wazdan
- Licenсe Curaçao
- Launched 2019
- Software Ainsworth Technology, Amatic Industries, Amaya (Chartwell), Betsoft, BGAMING, Booongo, Casino Technology, EGT Interactive, Elk, Endorphina, Evolution, Ezugi, GameArt, Habanero, Igrosoft, iSoftBet, Microgaming, NetEnt, NextGen, No limit, Nolimit City, NYX Group, PariPlay, Play'n GO, Pragmatic Play, Push, Quickfire, Quickspin, Red Rake, Red Tiger, Relax, Rival, SA, Spinomenal, Thunderkick, Tom Horn, Wazdan, Yggdrasil
- Licenсe Curaçao
- Launched 2018
- Software Ainsworth Technology, Amatic Industries, Amaya (Chartwell), August, Betsoft, BGAMING, Booongo, Casino Technology, EGT Interactive, Elk, Endorphina, Evolution, Ezugi, GameArt, Habanero, Igrosoft, iSoftBet, Microgaming, NetEnt, Nolimit City, NYX Group, PariPlay, Play'n GO, Pragmatic Play, Push, Quickspin, Red Rake, Red Tiger, Rival, Spinomenal, Thunderkick, Yggdrasil
- Licenсe Curaçao
Mastercard is one of the most popular payment methods in the entire world. Financial institutions in New Zealand and abroad use Mastercard as their payment processor for both debit cards and credit cards, which makes it easier for consumers to make purchases in person and online.
Let's take a look at all the details of how you can use a Mastercard at casinos in New Zealand.
How Does Mastercard Work
Mastercard is simply a company that processes digital payments for businesses. When you swipe or insert your Mastercard at a store, or enter the numbers online, Mastercard processes that payment for the business and sends them their share of the money, minus a fee.
Mastercard is only the payment processing company though. Debit cards and/or credit cards are issued by the financial institution you choose in New Zealand, and Mastercard's technology is what allows those institutions to process the payments for your purchases. Mastercard makes it possible for you to fund your online casino account in NZ by processing the online payment.
Mastercard is keenly focused on providing top-notch safety and security to all of the businesses it works with, as well as the consumers who use their cards. The company provides a full suite of tools that helps merchants to prevent potential fraud and protect their businesses, while at the same time bringing a high level of security to customers who use the cards as well.
Some of these security features for consumers include ID Theft Protection that can help detect and resolve any potential identity theft attempt before it can cause damage. Mastercard not only keeps your personal information safe and secure, but they monitor transactions to ensure they are legitimate.
This is an excellent feature to have for New Zealand residents who wish to fund an online casino account, especially as these transactions may occur outside NZ. Credit card fraud is a huge issue in New Zealand, so it's great to know Mastercard is working hard to prevent it.
Mastercard New Zealand - Types of services
Mastercard New Zealand offers deposit and withdrawal services to your online casino account using its safe and secure network. In addition to the features listed above, you can use your Mastercard to make any purchases, online or instore, as long as the merchant accepts the payment method.
As mentioned, Mastercard is a widely accepted form of payment today, so most online casinos in New Zealand are doing their best to offer the service if they don't already.
Availability and Currencies
Mastercard is available in most markets across the world, and New Zealand is no exception. Along with Visa debit/credit cards, Mastercard is one of the most popular forms of digital payment.
Because it is available throughout the world, Mastercard makes it extremely simple to exchange currencies. You do not have to worry about Mastercard not being able to process your payment at an online casino in NZ or abroad. In fact, Mastercard even provides foreign exchange rates that will allow you to convert the currency of the online casino into your New Zealand currency that is connected to your card.
There's nothing you need to do on your end to make this happen either.
Making a Deposit via Mastercard
Before you can make a deposit at an online NZ casino using Mastercard, you want to make sure that the casino operator accepts that form of payment. As mentioned before, it is highly likely that they will accept it for deposits and withdrawals, since it is such a popular payment method in all parts of the world.
Once you have verified that the online casino accepts Mastercard, all you'll have to do is enter your card number and other information, as well as your requested deposit amount, and the casino will often instantly credit your deposit. How quickly the funds are available in your online casino account will depend on the online casino's policies as well as those of your financial institution, however.
One thing you should keep in mind is that even if an online casino accepts Mastercard payments, your specific financial institution in NZ may decline your transactions. Some have policies in place that would prohibit their cards from being used for online gambling.
Withdrawals via Mastercard
Much like deposits, you'll want to read through the online casino's terms and conditions to find out whether they allow withdrawals via Mastercard. While deposits are likely, it is possible that some online casinos don't allow withdrawals to be made via this method.
If this is the case, then you'll need to find an alternate way to take money out of your New Zealand online casino account. If you are able to make a withdrawal using Mastercard, it will be subject to processing time limits and also amount limits.
Mastercard Fees and Limits
Mastercard makes its money by charging a percentage fee of all transactions to the businesses that use Mastercard as their payment processing company. Sometimes, merchants pass these processing fees onto their customers.
With NZ online casinos, though, it's unlikely that you will be charged any fees to process deposits and/or withdrawals using a Mastercard. The online casinos almost always absorb those fees themselves.
The limits on deposits and/or withdrawals for Mastercard at online casinos are going to be set by casinos and/or the financial institution that issues your Mastercard. The online casino may have a daily, weekly or monthly limit for deposits/withdrawals, and your financial institution may also have a daily spending limit for you as well. You'll want to check the specific online casino and financial institution you intend to use to find out more about limits.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Mastercard
Some of the advantages of using Mastercard to fund your online casino account in New Zealand are:
- It is accepted at most merchants around the world.
- The currency exchange is simple and easy.
- It doesn't require you to sign up for any new account or third-party service.
- It provides a safe and secure method of payment and withdrawal of funds.
Some of the disadvantages of using Mastercard to fund your online casino account in New Zealand are:
- You may be charged fees by the online casino.
- You may have to abide by limits set by the online casino or financial institution.
- Your financial institution may still block transactions for online gambling.
- There may be a longer waiting period for withdrawals.
Mastercard Mobile Banking
Today, it's very important for payment processors to be available with mobile banking. Mastercard is optimized for mobile banking and allows you to do all your transactions via a mobile device.
Your financial institution that backs your credit and/or debit cards is ultimately who will decide exactly what features you'll have on your Mastercard in terms of mobile banking.
Mastercard Casinos New Zealand - FAQ
Where is Mastercard accepted?
Mastercard is accepted at a large majority of merchants around the world, including online casinos.
What fees will I have to pay?
Any fees related to your Mastercard will come either from the online casino and/or financial institution you use.
Why is Mastercard secure?
In addition to the security provided by the online casino and financial institution for the digital transaction, Mastercard has safety and security systems in place to protect your transactions as well as your personal information.
Can withdrawals be made to a Mastercard?
Yes, depending on the online casino you choose. Some allow for this type of method, while others do not.
Are Mastercard payments better than third-party sources?
Ultimately, that's a personal decision, but the nice thing about Mastercard is it's a direct payment that doesn't require you to sign up for a separate account.