3 min read
How to choose online casino to play baccarat
Playing baccarat is fun, straightforward, and thrilling, but only when you are playing at the appropriate platform. Below, we briefly discuss how to help you make the best playing choice.
- Site Traffic: The index and population of a casino have always been influential in selecting a platform to play at. A site that boasts a high population is most likely legal and satisfactory to play at.
- Sites Policy: it is necessary to go through all site policies and laws to see that you're not on the receiving end of any fishy scheme. In cases where you can't understand certain terms or conditions, you should reach the site for help. This will also give you an insight into how supportive and responsive their customer service is.
- Loyalty Reward Packages: Review the available loyalty schemes before making a decision.
- Withdrawal Conditions: Devote enough time to understand the withdrawal conditions. Confirm if the policies are suitable for your needs and are tailorable in special circumstances. Avoid casinos with unreasonable withdrawal periods, unnecessary charges, limited withdrawal options and ridiculous withdrawable amounts.
- Reviews: Perhaps the most revealing, reviews are critical to making the appropriate selection. Read opinions of users who have previously played at the site and take note to earmark the red marks. Avoid a website with a lot of negative reviews and ratings as you would obviously be walking into a burning room. It is necessary to be intuitive here because positive comments can be doctored.
- Licenses and Certificates: This is widely accepted as the most critical criterion to take into consideration. Arguably, the first and foremost rule to obey before selecting a casino, baccarat, slots, sports or any at all, is to ensure that the site has obtained all necessary licenses and certificates. Before making your pick, go through the website to know which and which certificate is available. Don't fall for cheap licensing commissions that give certificates to sites, legally or illegally. With a licensed casino, you do not have to worry about all determinants explained above as certified sites tick all required boxes.
Types Of Baccarat
There are several versions of baccarat, but three have stood out for a very long while. Each is enjoyed by millions of players across the world and is often most popular within a particular region or country.
Punto Banco (North American baccarat)
Popular in the western world, Punto Banco has been in existence for decades. It started at physical casinos in Argentina before going online worldwide. The rules of Punto Banco haven't changed much since its inception, and the game is still widely regarded as a favorite in thousands of casinos. The game is pretty simple to play and enjoy.
In this baccarat variant, the casino is financially involved, meaning that players bet against the house, just as blackjack. The name explains the game easily: Punto means player and Banco means bank. The main aim of this variant is to reach or be closest to 9 faster than the opposing side. Punto Banco is enjoyed in countries such as the UK, the USA, Australia, New Zealand and many more. The card deck is usually 6 or 8.
Baccarat Chemin de fer (chemmy)
Chemin de fer originated in France and is documented as one of the oldest baccarat variants with evidence backing that it was played during as far back as the Napoleonic era. It was regarded as the non-banking version of another baccarat variant then, the baccarat banquet. The game was extremely famous with the French before it spread to England and America, and, subsequently, the rest of the world.
As against Punto Banco, players bet against fellow players in Chemin. The game allows up to 12 players, 2 dealers and a banker. Sadly (as exciting as it appears), Chemin cannot be accessed in online casinos and has been effectively replaced with Punto Banco in the online industry. To enjoy, you would have to make time to visit an offline casino, most preferably in a nice suit, of course. The card deck here is also 6 or 8.
Baccarat Banque (à deux tableaux)
Baccarat Banque started in France and has since then spread to Europe. It is ancient and is believed to have been in existence in French courts as long as Chemin de fer. Baccarat Banque is regarded as the banking version of Chemin de fer.
In Banque, players take turns to be the banker but are not allowed to play against each other. The banker meanwhile is not required to cover the bets of other players while playing. The variant allows 10 - 16 players. Banque is played with 3 card decks.
Rules Of Baccarat
As stated earlier, the goal of Baccarat is reaching 9 faster than the other party does. A usual game of baccarat with 6 or 8 card decks begins with two hands being dealt on the dealer table: the banker's hand and the player's hand.
You can play as the player as well as the banker. Do note that you do not win every time the player wins. How?
As soon as the two cards are placed on the table, the next thing is to calculate the points and figure out the value of each hand. You may choose any of the hand here for the rules are pretty similar.
The Tens and face cards have zero value. All other cards are valued based on their face figure while the ace is just one point. Again, note that only the second digit of your card is counted if your hand value is determined to be a 2-digit number.
On every bet you place, whether as the player or banker, you must keep in mind the "natural winners" rule. The natural winner is the one whose first two cards equal 8 or 9. Once there's a natural winner, the round is finished, and all placed bets can be claimed or are forfeited.
Casino Baccarat - Safety
Safety is a very critical element to every online gambler, wouldn't we agree? Well, it is safe and secure to play baccarat in New Zealand. As a citizen of NZ, the more important check should be the legitimacy of the site you're playing at. The relevance of a certified and legal baccarat casino cannot be over-emphasised. Playing at a licensed casino puts you in excellent hands. Your earnings are never tampered with, your financial data are completely hidden, and there is no room whatsoever for unfair or unreasonable tweaks. In any proven case of house cheating, the licenses and certificates of the casino, no matter how expensive, are revoked. What's better, there are countless withdrawal options available to you, and you have access to a wide array of games and at the same time playing against quality opponents. Visuals are top notch and in stunning graphics to facilitate real-time playing experience.
Taking all these into view, a legal baccarat casino is, of course, your one and only bet to play at.
Tips For Winning At Baccarat
No player likes losing, except he is playing to learn and even then, he doesn't appreciate it. We understand that you're just starting and are providing you with some of the most effective tips to be a winner at baccarat.
- Avoid the "tie" bet: Usually, baccarat has very low house edges with the percentages for player and banker bets coming at 1.24 and 1.06 accordingly. For a tie though, the house edge is a whopping 14.4, meaning that you stand to lose 14.4 units for every 100 units bet. Pretty tough, right?
- Banker bet is the real deal: With the house edge slated at 1.06 and the possibility of winning reasonably high, it is easy to see why the banker bet wins it all. Casinos recognise this awesome bet, and that's why there's a 5% charge on every time you win, but that's nothing, eh?
- The Player bet is great: The house edge for the player bet is 1.26, slightly higher than the banker's but fair nonetheless. The chance of winning is at worst 50% too, so why not take your shot? You stand to lose only 1.26 units for every 100 units. Quite reasonable.
- Stick with the Banker's bet: Out of 100 chances, choose the banker's bet 80 times. This is because you earn your real cash mainly through winning streaks and the banker has the highest shot at winning every round. We advise that you persist with this bet until you lose. Do note though, on your winning streak, that you are not assured of winning every round, so you have to be moderate with your amounts to avoid a major loss. But what is it they say anyway: "life is full of risks". And, by the way, the house edge and commission are always there.
- Waiting after a loss: So you've been on a winning streak on banker's bet but loses a round unexpectedly, and the player wins, what do you do? Wait for the decision. That means that you wait for the round to see the final outcome. If it happens to be a tie, you don't lose after all, but you don't win either.
If it is a player's bet, however, do not wait out a round. Immediately switch to the banker's bet.
Casino Baccarat - FAQs
What Is The Major Difference Between Online and Offline Baccarat?
Playing baccarat at the two platforms requires very similar rules and has no major difference. The only exception, of course, is the physical grip that comes with offline baccarat and, even, online casinos are starting to offer high definition graphics that tempt with even more excitement than real-time playing can offer.
Am I Permitted To Play Baccarat As A Citizen Of New Zealand?
Baccarat is legal in New Zealand and, therefore, you have no problems playing as long as you have reached the legal age. In certain unforeseen circumstances, however, you may be restricted from playing.
How Do I Deposit And Withdraw At a Baccarat Casino?
To deposit or withdraw funds at an online Baccarat casino, you must first register. After that, you'll easily find the 'Deposit' and 'Withdrawal' options under the payment section. You make your choice then. So that you know, certified baccarat casinos offer you numerous payment options.
How Do I Choose The Appropriate Baccarat Casino?
The appropriate casino to enjoy baccarat can be selected by considering a few relevant factors. They are the site's traffic, licenses, certificates, policies, reviews, and payment conditions. To play at the right casino, it is best to conduct proper research on these determinants.